In our previous article we demonstrated that, through our National Banks, Great Britain was able to receive all of the benefits of occupation without any of the expense. By earning interest on our currency since colonial times, they have managed to enslave an unwitting American populace to their political, economic and global agenda.
Abraham Lincoln was a Patriot that recognized the stranglehold and sought to break it. In return, the Bank of England, through the Banks of New York, sought to break Lincoln.
"On Dec. 28, 1861, the New York banks suspended payment of gold owed to their depositors, and stopped transferring to the government the gold which they had pledged for the purchase of government bonds. The banks of other cities immediately followed suit.
James Gallatin headed a delegation of bankers who came to Washington to meet with the administration and Congress. His program contradicted the President's. First, the Treasury must deposit its gold in private banks, and let those banks pay the government's suppliers with checks, keeping the gold on deposit for the investment use of the bankers. Second, the government should sell high-interest bonds to these same banks, for them to resell to the European banking syndicate. Finally, a great deal of the war should be financed by a tax on basic industry." (Source)
As you can see, the Bank of England, through the Bank of New York, intended on using the Civil war as leverage to increase their stranglehold over the "Colonies". Lincoln, fortunately, would have none of it.
"Gallatin was shown the door. While Lincoln fought the Eastern bankers over the national banking system, the Treasury issued several hundred millions of the new green-colored currency. Banker Jay Cooke was hired to sell small government bonds to the average citizens; with 2,500 sub-agents Cooke sold over $1.3 billion worth of bonds from 1862 to 1865.
President Lincoln pushed for his measure of control over the banking system, using more of his influence in Congress than on any other issue. The New England and New York bankers instructed their congressmen, such as New York's cynical Sen. Roscoe Conkling, to defeat the bill. But Lincoln's prestige and authority won out, and he signed the National Currency Act on Feb. 25, 1863, and the National Bank Act on June 3, 1864." (Ibid)
Lincoln's reforms included:
1. Every Banking Director had to be an American Citizen.
2. Banks could charge no more than 7% on loans. If they violated this law they forfeited the loan and had to pay the borrower 2 times what he paid in interest.
3. Banks could not hold real-estate for more than 5 years (except for their buildings).
4. "A national bank had to deposit with the Treasury, U.S. bonds amounting to at least one-third of its capital. It would receive in return government-printed notes, which it could circulate as money. Thus the banks would have to lend the government substantial sums for the war effort, to qualify for federal charters, and a sound currency would be circulated to the public for an expanding economy."
5. "Meanwhile, national banks could not circulate notes printed by themselves. In order to eliminate all competition with the new national currency, the notes of state-chartered banks were hit with a massive tax in the following year."
6. "Most large commercial banks organized themselves according to the new system, and many new large banks were formed, as national banks. Despite historically unprecedented financing needs, the government raised, and printed, the cash to fight and win the Civil War. With the combination of banking, tariff, educational, and agricultural measures enacted under Abraham Lincoln, the United States began the greatest period of industrial development ever seen anywhere." (Ibid)
The British Illuminati Banksters responded to these reforms in the London Times:
"If this mischievous financial policy, which has its origin in North America, shall become endurated down to a fixture, then that Government will furnish its own money without cost. It will pay off debts and be without debt. It will have all the money necessary to carry on its commerce. It will become prosperous without precedent in the history of the world. The brains, and wealth of all countries will go to North America. That country must be destroyed or it will destroy every monarchy on the globe." (Source)
At this point, it becomes very difficult not to believe that the Civil War was the result of British interference in American affairs. I am convinced that the secession of the South would never have taken place without the implied support of the Bank of England and the secret support of the British Bankster establishment. This sentiment was best publicly expressed by one of the Bankster's own:
"On October 7 the (British) Chancellor of the Exchequer, William E. Gladstone, made a notable speech at Newcastle in which he remarked that no matter what one's opinion of slavery might be, facts had to be faced: "There is no doubt that Jefferson Davis and other leaders of the South have made an army; they are making, it appears, a navy; and they have made what is more than either-they have made a nation." He added, "We may anticipate with certainty the success of the Southern States so far as regards their separation from the North."
Yet, as we shall see, Lincoln had a few tricks up his sleeve as well... (to be continued)